Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Will Tebow Play Against LSU?

There are times when I really enjoy having a little insider information on the Gator athletic program. And there are times when I wish I never did. The last ten days have been one of those times. I have had people call me, text me, email me, and even send me a message on Facebook asking me what I have heard about Tebow. Well here's the answer: "I have heard the same things you have!"
That's the honest truth. But even if I had heard something, I wouldn't print it or send it in writing anywhere. Even if I had the exclusive words from Tim's own mouth, I wouldn't tell anyone who was interested. I think they will do what is best for Tim first and then for the team second.
I am sure if the decision is left to Tim, he'd play. Heck he would probably have tried to go back in against Kentucky if he could have seen the way to the field clearly. I know he wants to help the team achieve all the goals they have set for themselves. He's the leader and the team would want him to play as well. But they also know that this is a long season and they will need a fully healthy Tebow for the stretch drive against the SEC east foes still on the schedule.
If the decision to start Tim comes down to a healthy Tim with a slight chance of re-injury, then that's when the decision gets tough. If the Doctors say he can play, my guess is that he will play. But they will have to give a full clear for that to happen. If there's a doubt, then I don't believe he will play at all. After all that's why you have a backup Quarterback on the team.
If I was Coach Meyer, I wouldn't say either way. I would want to make LSU have to prepare for two options. How do you stop Tebow if he plays and how will the Gator offense be different if John Brantley is the starter. More preparation means less time to concentrate for the LSU defense. I think by now, Tim has a good enough handle on our offense to go out there with no practice time and get the job done. I also believe that John is a talented thrower that when he gets the chance to start will be a star in this league. So either way, I still like our chances in Baton Rouge.
It won't be easy with Tim starting and it will be tougher with John getting his first start in one of the toughest stadiums to play at night, but either way it's going to be a fun week to be a Gator or a Tiger. The hype will continue to build. The atmosphere will be electric. My hope is that the crowd is going home early, but I don't really see that happening. And I don't think that has anything to do with whether Tebow plays or not. I only wish it was Saturday already!

No comments:

Post a Comment